Reading is a big part of first grade. As your child begins to broaden their reading skills, you’ll notice that they’ll begin to read words everywhere they go and relish in their newly developed skill. It’s important that you read to your child, and vice versa, on a daily basis to help them develop their literacy skills even further. A comprehensive and effective first grade language arts curriculum will help your child accomplish the following goals and objectives:
- Increase vocabulary as they blend consonant sounds, vowel and consonant digraphs, and more.
- Read simple stories fluently and independently.
- Retell the main idea of a story and answer questions about the text.
- Identify parts of a story or book.
- Know the names and sounds of all the consonants and vowels.
- Understand phonics concepts such as consonant combinations.
- Develop an understanding of composition.
- Learn more about the cisk homeschool reading curriculum and discover the steps students should take in order to be fluent, proficient readers.
There are no reviews yet.