Literacy in science is of essence for all citizens in our modern society. In high school, a biology curriculum should focus on actively engaging students with the world around them. Students should gain in-depth knowledge of the different living organisms and the environments they each live in to better protect, sustain or enhance the natural environment.
When selecting a biology curriculum for your high schooler, make sure it teaches:
- The interactions among organisms and their biophysical environment.
- The building blocks of life.
- Cell biology and cellular processes
- Molecular genetics and heredity
- The structure of a human being